Resources Right In Your Neighborhood!
Support groups offering conversation, education and support for bereavement, grief and caregiver stress. Advance Care Planning to help you fill out those all-important health care documents. Hospice Volunteer opportunities to support patients and families at the end of their lives. American Red Cross Training for CPR/AED, First Aid and Basic Life Support (BLS). Ask-A-Nurse weekly free services at your local Senior Centers.
Caregiver Conversation, Education & Support
First Wednesday of each Month, 10-11:30am
This support session will meet the first Wednesday of the month to discuss various caregiving topics. You will be able to connect with others, learn more about the ups and downs of at home caregiving, and discuss any issues related to the monthly topic. Some feel privileged to serve a loved one at their most vulnerable time. Many also feel afraid, tired and overwhelmed at times. And most people feel it all in one day. It’s okay; these feelings are normal.
The important thing is to have the tools and resources you need to cope with the natural ebb and flow of your emotions. We encourage you to join us for support during this challenging time. Sessions will be held once a month with a limited number of attendees.
- Attend once or as often as you’d like.
To register call Guy Tillson: 603-536-2232 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMER SESSION: ‘What Hurts? What Helps?’ Grief and Loss Support Group Series
Tuesday mornings 10:30 am-12:00 pm
Losing a loved one is an incredibly difficult experience, and we understand the importance of finding solace and support during this time. Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is here to provide a safe and nurturing space for individuals who are navigating the grieving process. Join our grief support groups where you can find strength with others walking a similar path. Read Press Release
- Six Week Session: June 27th-August 8th (No meeting 7/4)
- Starting on Tuesday, June 27, 2023, at 10:30am, we invite you to join us for a transformative six-week journey in the upstairs Art Room at the Plymouth Area Regional Senior Center. This series aims to provide comfort and guidance as we explore what hurts and what helps in our healing process.
- Throughout the series, participants will be encouraged to use a journal as a tool to monitor their experiences and discoveries. By recording what has been helpful or non-productive, you can gain valuable insights into your own healing journey.
- At Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health, we believe in the power of sharing and dialogue. This support group will foster a compassionate environment where participants can engage in meaningful conversations with others who are also navigating their own losses. By connecting and opening up, we can find healing and solace together.
- We welcome anyone who has lost a loved one, lost a job, experienced divorce, loss of physical health, loss of a pet etc.
- Pre-registration required: Guy Tillson-603-536-2232 or email@example.com
American Red Cross Safety Trainings
Proud Authorized Provider of the American Red Cross
ADULT AND PEDIATRIC CPR/AED
Participants will be trained how to recognize emergencies, contact EMS, understand how to check a conscious or unconscious victim, how to care for an adult or child with a breathing/choking emergency and care for them if in cardiac arrest. 2.5 hours of e-learning on your own time; 1.5 hours of skill time at Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health. Certification is good for 2 years.
Basic Life Support (BLS for Healthcare Providers) also offered.
Price: $95 (Includes pocket mask breathing barrier)
Participants will be trained to recognize injuries, understand how to control bleeding, care for burns, care for muscle, bone and joint injuries and recognize and care for sudden illnesses. 1 hour of e-learning on your own time; 30 minutes of skill/review time at Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health. Certification is good for 2 years.
Please email Anna Swanson at: firstname.lastname@example.org to register and set specific class time.
Fill Out Your Forms-Advance Directives
Third Thursday each month, 11am-12pm
Mark your calendar and finally fill out your advance directive with us!
- Have you wondered how to talk to your loved ones about what medical care you would or wouldn’t want in a medical crisis? Does your health care provider want you to have these conversations and fill out your end of life wishes? Would your wishes change if it was COVID-19 related?
- Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is here to help with all your advance care planning needs. We invite you to join us to fill out your advance directive form. Download the form from our website, poor a cup of coffee and join us for a group ZOOM meeting to walk you through the form and answer any questions you might have.
- Our social worker will be a neutral guide helping you reflect on and identify the values, beliefs and goals that shape the way you make health care decisions. As an experienced facilitator, they will explain how important sharing this information is to others so that decisions can be made for you if you ever cannot speak for yourself.
- To register email email@example.com
We also have a webinar below for page by page instructions:
- ‘ASK A PEMI-BAKER NURSE’
Drop by and ask the professionals from Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health! Free Blood Pressure Checks, Ask Medical Questions, Fill Out your Advance Directive Forms.
Plymouth Regional Senior Center-GCSCC, 8 Depot Street, Plymouth: Every Monday except holidays 11:30am-12:30pm
Orford Senior Center-GCSCC, Dartmouth College Highway, Orford: 6/6, No July, 9/12, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5/2023 10am-11:00am
Littleton Senior Center-GCSCC, 77 Riverglen Lane, Littleton: 3rd Tuesday Each Month 11:30am-12:30pm
Horse Meadow Senior Center-GCSCC, 91 Horse Meadow Road, North Haverhill: 2nd Wednesday Each Month 10:30-11:30am
Lincoln/Lin-wood Senior Center-GCSCC, 194 Pollard Rd, Lincoln: 6/7, 7/26, 8/30, 9/27, 10/25, 11/29 11:00am-12:00pm