Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health Encourages Seniors to Stay Active and Involved During the Winter Months
As winter sets in and temperatures drop, Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of seniors in our community. Embracing an active and engaged lifestyle is crucial, especially during the colder months when outdoor activities may be limited. To this end, we are excited to share a variety of suggestions for seniors to stay active, involved, and connected during the winter season.
- Try Something New: Embrace the spirit of adventure by trying a new hobby. Whether it’s painting, crafting, or learning a new language, discovering a passion can bring joy and fulfillment.
- Access Community Centers: Many community centers offer a range of activities and programs tailored for seniors. Attend social events, classes, or workshops to connect with others in the community. The Grafton County Senior Citizens Council operates 8 centers in our area. (gcscc.org)
- Go Swimming: If you have access to an indoor pool, exercising in the warm water is an excellent low-impact exercise that provides both physical and mental health benefits. Mid-State Health Center, The White Mountain Athletic Club and Plymouth State University are all great options.
- Use Fitness Videos/YouTube: Stay active in the comfort of your home by following fitness videos or online workout routines. Many platforms, including YouTube, offer a variety of exercises suitable for all fitness levels and it’s free.
- Start or Join a Book Club: Engage your mind by reading and discussing books with a local book club or start one with friends. It’s a great way to connect with others and share ideas.
- Join or Create a League: Whether it’s a bowling league, a card game group, or a chess club, participating in a league fosters social interaction and friendly competition.
- Delve into Genealogy Research: Explore your family history and heritage by delving into genealogy research. Uncover fascinating stories about your ancestors and connect with your roots.
- Grow Something in an Indoor Garden: Cultivate a love for gardening by starting an indoor garden. Planting herbs, flowers, or small vegetables can be a rewarding and therapeutic activity.
- Just Move Around the House: Simple activities like walking around the house, climbing stairs, stretching, or practicing yoga can contribute to maintaining mobility and flexibility.
- Learn to Play a Musical Instrument: Rediscover the joy of music by learning to play an instrument. Many online resources offer tutorials for beginners. (udemy.com or www.masterclass.com)
- Beat Your Peers at Board Games: Organize game nights with friends or family. Board games and card games are not only entertaining but also provide an opportunity for socializing and friendly competition.
- Travel Without Leaving Home: Explore the world from the comfort of your home by watching travel documentaries, reading travel books, or virtually touring destinations online.
Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is committed to supporting seniors in leading fulfilling lives, and we encourage individuals to explore these diverse activities to stay active, engaged, and connected throughout the winter season. Happy New Year!
Pemi-Baker Hospice & Home Health is a trusted, nonprofit agency proudly serving 32 towns in central and northern NH since 1967. Expert services include at-home healthcare and physical therapies (VNA), hospice and palliative care, and community programs including: American Red Cross CPR/AED/FA, Caregiver and Bereavement Support Groups and Ask A Pemi-Baker Nurse days at your local senior centers. Providing compassionate care with experienced staff who are trained, certified professionals and also your neighbors. In your time of need, we’re right where you need us.
Pemi-Baker is located at 101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 3, Plymouth, NH. To contact us please call: 603-536-2232 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Like our Facebook Page: @pemibakerhospicehomehealth